Before undertaking a new building project, there are several steps required before you begin.
*** If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Municipal Office at 204-525-4461 ***
1. Before you can even fill out a Municipality of Minitonas-Bowsman Building Permit, you will first need to complete a Swan Valley Planning District Development Application.
Click Here to download a printable copy of the Development Application.
For the list of items that a Development Application is not required for, Click Here.
2. Once you have completed the form, you'll need to send it in along with a cheque for $75.00 to:
Swan Valley Planning District
Swan River, MB R0L 1Z0
- Please make sure to make out the cheque to Swan Valley Planning District and NOT US.- Please make sure to include any relevant drawings or plans.
3. Your Development Application will be looked over by the Development Officer, Ron Lewicki. Once he has looked over your application, he will fax the signed copy back to us at the office.
4. Once we have received the Development Application back, you will then need to fill out a Building Permit. This will have to be done in the office.
5. When the Building Permit is completed, we contact our Building Inspector, Dale Rose and he will look over the permit and drawings and assign a price to the permit. Once it has been approved and payment has been made, you can begin your project. If there are any issues, you'll be notified along the way.
|BUILDINGS OVER 1000 SQUARE FEET REQUIRE ENGINEERING DRAWINGS TO BE SUBMITTED (ASK YOUR CONTRACTOR).|
Click Here for a printable version of the Bowsman Building Permit Fee Schedule.
Click Here for a printable version of the Minitonas Building Permit Fee Schedule.