Below is a list of the most frequently asked questions and answers of The Municipality of Minitonas-Bowsman staff.  Feel free to contact us at 204-525-4461 if you require more information.


When are tax bills sent out?
Tax bills are typically mailed out in June or the beginning of July each year.


When are taxes due?
Taxes are due on the last business day in September of each year.


What period does my tax bill cover?
The Municipality of Minitonas-Bowsman tax bills cover the calendar year (January 1 – December 31).


Can I pay my property taxes online?
Yes, you can pay your property taxes online through your bank’s website. You have to add the Municipality of Minitonas-Bowsman as a payee. When you search "Minitonas-Bowsman”, there are usually two different account types: Taxes and Utilities. Select the Taxes option, and you will be asked to enter your account/roll number. Enter the roll number with all numbers, do not enter the decimal.  Online banking is available through the Swan Valley Credit Union and TD Bank. Please allow up to 3 business days for your online payment to be processed.


Does the Municipality of Minitonas-Bowsman accept post-dated cheques or credit cards for payment of property taxes?
The Municipality of Minitonas-Bowsman will accept post-dated cheques.  Please note that cheques must be dated appropriately to avoid penalties. The Municipality of Minitonas-Bowsman does not accept credit cards for payment of property taxes.


I recently built a new home and have not received a property tax bill.  When can I expect a bill?
New homes are typically sent a supplementary tax bill.  Supplementary tax bills are mailed out in the early fall and due the last business day in December.


What am I allowed to put out for garbage collection?
The weight of each garbage bag should NOT exceed 50lbs.  Large amounts of household waste and large items (furniture, appliances, etc.) are not part of weekly garbage collections.  Delivery of this refuse to the Nuisance grounds is the responsibility of the homeowner/tenant.


Where do I purchase tags and how much do they cost?
Tags are sold at the Municipal Office. 

Spayed/Neutered Dog $10.00

Un-Spayed/Neutered Dog $20.00


Do I have to pay at the landfill?
There is no cost to use the landfills within the Municipality.  However, only residents/ratepayers of the municipality are allowed to use it. 


What do I do with leaves and grass clippings?
You can take them to the landfill for no charge and deposit them in the compost site.